WHAT MAKES A GREAT VIDEO
- Introduce yourself (name, age, where you are from and what you hope to do for a living).
- We love a good story! What drives you? What are you most proud of? What can you do for me and what can I do for you? What in your life has shaped you the most? We are looking for truly creative original content that will inspire and give us a real sense of who you are. The more entertaining, honest, unique, and memorable… the better. These tapes could end up on TV/Social Media and will be your only shot to impress, so put your best foot forward.
- Why should you win the scholarship? What makes you different from everyone else applying?
- Talk about your life and experience and how those skills may help you in the future.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Avoid showing any identifiable logos.
- Avoid using any video footage you do not own.
- Avoid using any photographs that you did not take yourself.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Avoid using any music.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy. The wind will distort the microphone.
- Your video may be shown on a TV/SOCIAL MEDIA. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot horizontal and not portrait (vertical) style.
Specs & How to Submit
- Your video should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Preferred files formats are: .mp4 & .mov files.
- You MUST upload your video to Google Drive, or Dropbox (you may have to create an account) and submit the download link in the designated box on application. Be sure to keep the file private otherwise.
- DO NOT upload your video to video-sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Videos that do not adhere to the above submission guidelines will not be viewed or considered for the show.