Here’s a nail design idea that word lovers should especially love. Particularly if you’re in the mood to try something completely different on your fingernails, newspaper nails may be perfect for you. Newsprint nails are easy to achieve, and they could be a good conversation-starter.
What you’ll need:
- A pastel, white, or cream-colored nail polish
- Clear top coat fingernail polish
- Newspaper print
- Rubbing alcohol
- A small container for the rubbing alcohol
How to apply newsprint nails:
- Begin by cutting out 10 sections of newspaper print in small strips. The size doesn’t need to be precise except that each piece should be a bit larger than the fingernail it’s applied to.
- Pour rubbing alcohol into the dish, enough that your fingernails can submerge into the alcohol.
- Paint your fingernails with the light-colored base coat. Allow it to dry fully.
- Dip a fingernail into the rubbing alcohol.
- Press a strip of newspaper firmly onto the fingernail. Hold it securely in place for at least 30 seconds.
- Peel off the newspaper very slowly and with care. The words from the newspaper print should now be on your fingernail.
- Repeat the process for all of your fingernails, taking care to ensure that the words face the same direction on each finger.
- Apply a clear protective top coat.
- Be sure to moisturize your fingernails and cuticles regularly, since the rubbing alcohol you use for the print nails can dry them out.
You’re bound to love your awesome fingerprint nails. Enjoy!
By Stevie McHugh